Founded in 1974, the Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communicationbringstogetherdirectors and administrators from across the United States and increasingly from abroad. The annual meetings follow a roundtable format,emphasizing discussion.
- promote programs in technical and scientific communication
- promote research in technical and scientific communication
- develop opportunities for the exchange of ideas and information concerning programs, research, and career opportunities
- assist in the development and evaluation of new programs in technical and scientific communication, if requested
- promote exchange of information between this organization and interested parties
Welcome New Officers and Members-at-Large for 2016-2018
President: Lee-Ann Kastman Breuch, University of Minnesota
Vice-President: Russell Willerton, Boise State University
Secretary: Rebecca Walton, Utah State University
Treasurer: Joanna Schreiber, Georgia Southern University
Teena Carnegie (Eastern Washington),
Alex Ilyasova (University of Colorado, Colorado Springs),
Denise Tillery (University of Nevada, Las Vegas), and
Han Yu (Kansas State University)
New Resources from the Program Adminsitrators Committee
The CPTSC Executive Committee is excited to introduce a new white paper resource to members. The first three white papers are now available on the Resources Page, under CPTSC Documents, in a new section called “White Papers.” These white papers, on the topics of service learning, program assessment, and program recruitment, were written by Felicia Chong, Tammy Rice-Bailey, And Aimee Roundtree, respectively. We will regularly be adding new white papers on additional topics of program administration and Technical Communication teaching.
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be doing a major website upgrade. So if you happen to come at a moment and something is not available, please be patient. Contact Lee-Ann Kastman Breuch with any questions.
If you are looking for something and are unable to find it, feel free to contact Lisa Meloncon, interim webmaster.