Founded in 1974, the Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communicationbringstogetherdirectors and administrators from across the United States and increasingly from abroad. The annual meetings follow a roundtable format,emphasizing discussion.
- promote programs in technical and scientific communication
- promote research in technical and scientific communication
- develop opportunities for the exchange of ideas and information concerning programs, research, and career opportunities
- assist in the development and evaluation of new programs in technical and scientific communication, if requested
- promote exchange of information between this organization and interested parties
2016 Annual Meeting
We look forward to seeing you at the 2016 CPTSC Annual Meeting from October 6-8, 2016.
Call for Proposals (*.pdf)
Conference Theme: (Re)Considering Programs in Terms of Methods, Methodologies, and Practices
Conference Location: Goergia Conference Center in Savannah, GA
CPTSC/Bedford St. Martin's Graduate Student Diversity Scholarship
CPTSC, together with textbook publisher Bedford/St. Martin’s, and an anonymous donor, are sponsoring a scholarship for the purpose of supporting the goal of CPTSC to increase diversity in its membership and in the field of technical communication. Eligible candidates for this scholarship include graduate students whose race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and/or nationality are underrepresented in the technical communication field. Up to $1,500 will be allocated to up to three winners. The scholarship is provided to assist the recipient(s) with expenses associated with the CPTSC conference, up to the amount of the scholarship allocated.
See more information here. (*.pdf file)
If you are looking for something and are unable to find it, feel free to contact Lisa Meloncon, CPTSC President or any of the officers.